As the definitive resource for managed Indian housing, we recognized a significant need in the Tribal marketplace. The commercial insurance world was not interested in responding to the unique needs of Native American property. In response to that need, we developed the Native American Homeowners and Renters (NAHR) insurance coverage.
The NAHR coverage is designed to offer flexible and affordable coverage for the unique needs of our tribal homeowners and tenants. Coverage is designed to protect your home and personal property in the event of a covered loss. We give you, the homeowner or renter the option of choosing a coverage plan that is fit for you.
We take a very flexible approach to coverage design. You select the coverage based upon your needs. The premium is based upon the limits of the property and coverage options selected.
These are the coverage options:
- Dwelling – The value of your dwelling is based on the cost to replace like and kind.
- Personal Belongings/Contents – This is value of your personal contents. This includes anything that is not physically attached to your dwelling.
- Other Structures – This could include property such as garages, tool sheds, barns, carports, etc.
- Personal Liability – Third party liability for bodily injury and property damage.
- Valuable Belongings/Contents – Collectible items that have intrinsic value (jewelry, artwork, pottery, ceremonial regalia, etc.)
- Emergency Living Expense – The additional cost of living expense due to a covered property loss.
- Builder’s Risk- Coverage while your home is under construction or renovation.
Types of homes eligible for coverage:
- Traditional home
- Stick Built home
- Adobe home
- Modular home
- Modern home
- Custom Built home
- Mobile home
- New Construction
- Under renovation
- Rental Property
To be eligible, the homeowner or renter must be enrolled in a Federally recognized Tribe. The home must also be located on any of these types of land:
- Indian Reservation
- Restricted Land
- Trust Land
- Indian Allotment
Let us provide you with more detailed information on how our Native American Homeowners and Renters coverage will benefit you. Contact us at (800) 352-3496.
Please feel free to download and print the 2017 NAHR Rack Card which provides a summary of this coverage.