Our mission is Tribes Protecting Tribes. To us, this means providing a promise to always be here for you, especially when something bad happens. As part of this promise, we do our best to provide the resources to our Members for safety and loss control.
Our Safety Team provides safety training and resources for fire and crime prevention, workplace safety, and risk management. The focus of the AMERIND Risk Safety Team is to share knowledge, identify, and remove hazards in Tribal Communities. The majority of the resources are train-the-trainer friendly and provide the support needed to make a difference in Indian Country.
The trainers have been certified through the National Safety Council (NSC) and the National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP). Certification is provided for First Aid/CPR/AED, Defensive Driving (DDC4), Blood borne & Airborne Pathogens, OSHA 10, and OSHA 30 training courses.
Fire and Crime Prevention
Developing an effective fire prevention plan includes risk analysis, evaluation, and controls to reduce all types of fire in Indian Country.
- Elder and Youth Fire Programs
- Addressing Vacant Units & Vandalism
- Neighborhood Watch
- Homeowner and Renter Orientation Programs
Our strategic approach to preventing worker injuries to improve workplace safety efforts is to develop an employee safety plan consisting of key elements including:
- Hazard recognition
- Employee involvement
- Accident Causes, Prevention, and Control
- Accident Investigation
- After an Accident
- Asbestos Safety
- Back Safety
- Committee Member
- Bio Safety
- Blood borne & Airborne Pathogens
- And many more…
In addition to the topics listed, contact us for information on:
- Regional Association Training
- Housing & Safety Fair Support
- AMERIND Risk Claim & Portal Training
- Keynote Speaking
- AMERIND Risk Poster Contest
Our Safety Team has DVDs available for you which include the following topics:
- Fire Prevention Resources
- Fast-Track Initiative to Reduce and Stop Trends
- Health Information for Native American Youth
- Workplace Safety Resources
- Home Safety for Tenants and Homeowners